is a way of communicating with people by seeing yours and others' behaviour as expressions of unmet needs.
BY LEARNING NEEDS-BASED COMMUNICATION YOU WILL:
- differenciate between what you observe, feel and need,
- make requests without feeling guilt or blame
- learn how to listen without judging, blaming, labelling
- identify your and others’ feelings and needs
- take care of yourself with self-empathy
- enrich your vocabulary in words that build connection and avoid those which disconnect people from life
- deepen conflict resolutions - learn how to find solutions that work for all
- grasp what's empathy and what isn't
- take responsability for your feelings - „whose problem?”
- identify your lifelong needs and see how you can fulfil them day by day
- set boundaries in relationships
Why Needs-based communication is useful?
Needs-based communication is a set of attitude and skills, both likely to be learned and applied in a daily life.
Instead of launching automatic reactions and taking others for egoist or hostile, we can increase authenticity and understanding in communication, and take connections to a deeper level of empathy, cooperation and trust.
Needs-based Communication is my understanding of Nonviolent Communication (NVC), also called Language of Life. Nonviolent Communication is a beautiful philosophy of Marshal Rosenberg. And believe me, it works.